Chocolatey Release Notes - Chocolatey Agent Service
This covers the release notes for the Chocolatey Agent Service (
chocolatey-agent) package, which covers Self-Service and Central Management client functionality. For more information, installation options, etc, please refer to Chocolatey Agent Service.
📝 NOTE This package is available to Chocolatey for Business (C4B) customers only.
Other Release Notes
- Refer to Open Source Release Notes as commercial editions build on top of open source.
- Chocolatey for Business (C4B) customers - also refer to Chocolatey Licensed Extension Release Notes and Chocolatey Central Management Release Notes.
- Please see https://github.com/chocolatey/chocolatey-licensed-issues/labels/AgentService
- Some issues may be held internally, please follow your support routes to learn more.
0.11.2 (November 5, 2020)
- Fix - Deployments - An execution timeout in seconds value of
0for a deployment step is not treated as infinite
- Provide clarity in log messages when salt additive configuration values are misconfigured
0.11.1 (October 5, 2020)
- Fix - CCM - Prevent incorrect exit code of -1 from successful PowerShell script deployment when no exit code is explicitly supplied by the script
0.11.0 (June 25, 2020)
- Chocolatey Agent v0.11.0 will only work with Central Management v0.3.0+. Upgrade order doesn't matter as you'll need to be on CCM v0.3.0 and Agent v0.11.0 before things start working again. See https://docs.chocolatey.org/en-us/central-management/#ccm-component-compatibility-matrix.
- Fix - CCM - passphrases do not match on check-in (report_computer_information) - see Licensed #152
- Fix - CCM Deployments - Deployments agent exit code of -1 reports successful deployment - see Licensed #153
0.10.0 (June 18, 2020)
- Chocolatey Agent v0.10.0 will only work with Central Management v0.2.0+. Please upgrade Central Management first if you are using CCM with the agent service.
📝 NOTE Log locations have changed. Please see Log File for Chocolatey Agent for more information.
- Execution for Central Management Deployments
- Fix - Monitoring chocolatey.config for changes could potentially lock the file from being written to by choco
- Fix - Logging - the service stops responding to calls and stops logging after choco configuration file is edited
- Fix - CCM Reporting - Do not report unfound packages as outdated
- Logging - Log to the root logs folder of Chocolatey Installation
0.9.3 (March 26, 2020)
- Central Management Reporting:
- Fix - Ensure best available TLS is used - see Licensed #132
0.9.2 (January 30, 2020)
- When reporting into CCM, add the URL that is being used in log to aid when debugging issues
0.9.1 (April 30, 2019)
- Self-Service / Background Mode:
- Fix - Multiple quoted options being parsed incorrectly - see Licensed #78
0.9.0 (March 18, 2019)
- Central Management Reporting - Clients can now report into central management on a configurable basis. For more information, please see https://docs.chocolatey.org/en-us/features/chocolatey-central-management
- Self-Service / Background Mode:
0.8.1 (September 28, 2017)
- Fix - bump dependency on Chocolatey Licensed Extension to ensure user is created with complex password instead of created with no password and then updated with complex password.
0.8.0 (September 27, 2017)
- [Security] Use 'ChocolateyLocalAdmin' user and manage the user by default - using LocalSystem doesn't work well with all software installations. Using a local user that is an admin works much better for ensuring applications are installed. If you need the previous functionality, pass
/UseDefaultChocolateyConfigUser. This will use whatever Chocolatey is configured to use by default for new service installations. You can also pass in a username and optionally a password for a domain account or local administrator account.
- Upgrade - Pass
/NoRestartServiceto upgrade the service without shutting down the current running service. You will need to restart the service to take advantage of the new changes - see #26.
- Install/Upgrade - Pick username/password for runtime. Pass
/Username:value /Password:value2through package parameters.
- Install/Upgrade - Pass
/EnterPasswordthrough package parameters to have Chocolatey ask for the user password at runtime during installation. Captures as a secure string.
0.7.0 (June 27, 2017)
- Fix - Use a URI with WCF named pipes that doesn't exclusively hold a lock on the root (blocking other services) - see #12.
- Fix - Allow chocolatey.lib (not just calls from choco.exe) to run self-service.
0.6.0 (March 20, 2017)
- Sources must be opted in for self-service if the feature
UseBackgroundServiceWithSelfServiceSourcesOnlyis turned on. This is automatically the case with Chocolatey Licensed v1.10.0+ (and Chocolatey 0.10.4+).
- Fix - Sources using nupkg/nuspec were being allowed. This is now disabled as well.
0.5.0 (January 14, 2017)
- New pattern for dependencies requires a reload of the interface that works between the Agent and Chocolatey.Extension, requiring a bump in the sub v1.
0.4.0 (January 4, 2017)
- Streams logging messages back to the caller in realtime
- Audits disallowed calls / attempted abuses of the service
- Only runs Chocolatey functions
- Ensures installation from approved sources only
- Receives and passes user context to Chocolatey functions.
- Works exclusively with Chocolatey for Business - checks passcode prior to running command
- Processes one command at a time with locking algorithm